This workshop is designed to teach you to UNDERSTAND the infant anatomy/physiology and how the pieces affect the whole. Learn to identify cranial, spinal, muscular and dural imbalances relating to breastfeeding. Gain current research to validate your work. You will also learn about the breastfeeding world as a whole; becoming familiar with the scope of other birth professionals. This will allow you to establish yourself as an integral part of the team- allowing you to collaborate, gain referrals and provide the overall best care for your clients.
After completing this 3-hour course, the student will walk away with a knowledge of:
• The biology of human lactation.
• The nutritional, emotional, and world-wide importance of breastfeeding.
• The anatomy and physiology of the cranium, spine, muscular, nerve and dural systems in relation to breastfeeding function.
• The developmental and neurological implications of abnormal function.
• Collaboration with other birth professionals in order to give/receive
referrals for lactation support within scope.