This presentation will provide an overview of common neurodiagnostic tests utilized in chiropractic practices and discusses the similarities and differences between using these tests in the outpatient setting vs Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring (IONM) environment. Moreover, we will identify key elements that make application of neurodiagnostic tests unique in the IONM setting. Topics to be discussed:
• Review of common neurodiagnostic tests in chiropractic setting.
• Describing the general purpose of IONM.
• Identifying main similarities and differences between chiropractic practices and IONM regarding evaluation of functionality of the nervous system.
• Challenges facing IONM clinicians.
• Looking at IONM as a synergistic career path for chiropractic professionals.