Students will describe the overlap and differences between ethics, malpractice and law as they apply to practice, as well as identify and discuss ethical challenges in practice.
Topics to be covered include:
• What are ethics? How do ethics differ and overlap malpractice and law?
• Business ethics in chiropractic:
- ethically dealing with patients who cannot pay for your services,
- patient involvement in treatment decisions,
- the ethics of product sales in your office,
- ethical handling of conflicts of interest