The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives forever. Guidelines in HIPAA and OSHA have changed to mitigate the risk of another pandemic. As we continue in practice, it is imperative to know the HIPAA guidelines for your office. Both new and experienced doctors and staff will gain knowledge of the updated HIPAA requirements for the chiropractic office. We will discuss specific areas of HIPAA regulations and how to achieve compliance from the front desk to the treatment room. Dr. Mario Fucinari is a frequent speaker throughout the United States. He is a Certified Professional Compliance Officer and a Certified Medical Compliance Specialist. Dr. Mario Fucinari will show you ways to assess the risks and present a step-by-step approach to maintain compliance in these trying times.
What You Will Learn:
• Each team member’s role in HIPAA Compliance
• Frequent Errors pertaining to HIPAA in the Chiropractic Office
• What your patient has come to expect in HIPAA Privacy
• What are the red flags in HIPAA Compliance?
• Learn HIPAA guidelines for emergency management
• Identify hazards and mitigation risks for the recurrence of COVID-19 virus in the chiropractic office
• Develop an emergency plan for patient access to chiropractic care
• Recognize elements of the risk assessment that must be documented
• Develop and write policies and procedures for emergency mode operation of the Chiropractic Office