Speaker provided by Standard Process.
Hour 1 of this course focuses on defining the microbiome. Specifically, we will cover:
- Recent advances in Next Generation Sequencing ushered an explosion of research into the communities of microorganisms living in our bodies
- Identity of the microbes residing in our body
- Associations and correlation between the microbiome and digestive and non-digestive issues and diseases
- Rebalancing the microbiome to promote human health
Hour 2 focuses on how the gut and brain communicate, in a two-way system, influencing each other impacting our well-being positively and negatively. Specifically, we will cover:
- Gut-Brain axis, a bidirectional relationship
- How Does the gut talk to our brain and vice versa?
- Gut Brain axis influence on neurodegenerative diseases
- Relationship between the microbiome and stress
- Relationship between the microbiome and depression
- Dietary and lifestyle approaches to address stress